Poppy Appeal Road Run details and procedures.
We will photograph the milometer at the start and end of each day which records day, date, hour and minutes. A photo of the war memorial at the start of each run. Proof of our mileage will be put on the Just Giving page at the end of each trip. We will post a photo of the map of each run from the Motorcyclist’s Guide book on our Facebook page which will let people see exactly where the run is going. The mileage is shown as a total from Dumfries.
TOTAL FROM DUMFRIES
1. Around the Merrick from AMD memorial garden Wallaceton. 199 mls Sunday May 16th
2. Riding the marches from Gretna DG16 5DU 230 mls Sunday June 6th
3. South Lanarkshire from Moffat High St. 148 mls Wednesday June 16th
4. Solway & Carrick coast from Dumfries DG1 1LR 245 mls Sunday July 4th
5. T Arnot Memorial Run, (to Inverness in van) 75 mls Sat / Sun July 17th & 18th
6. Campsie fells & Trossocks from Kilsyth G65 0AE 261 mls Wednesday July 28th
7. Hawick, Dawyck & Hermitage castle from Langholm DG13 0AF 218 mls Wednesday Aug 11th
8. Haddington to Hawick from Hawick TD9 7JL 211 mls Sunday Aug 29th
9. Arran from Brodick KA27 8DL 246 mls Wednesday Sept 8th
10. Moffat & Selkirk from High Street Moffat 121 mls Sunday Oct 3rd
Leaving 67 mls to go to EDINBURGH, or made into another run.
Fuel stops etc are clearly marked on the map as well as food.
Further details will be emailed as and when government restrictions allow and will also be posted on our Facebook page.